Cohabitation, Prenuptial

Recently Married

Five Years or Less

with Property

Vehicles, Real Estate

with Children

Custody/Support, Property

When divorce proceedings get ugly, children are often the ones who suffer the most, even when both parents have the best of intentions. Children become collateral, pulled in both directions, emotionally traumatized by the proceedings. Even worse may be the terror of losing custody or visitation rights. No matter what has happened between you and your spouse, the safety, health and well-being of your child is paramount.

At Compton Law, we know how traumatic your situation may be, and we can assure you we will handle your case with the utmost compassion. We will put the needs, rights, and best interests of your child first at all times.

How Can We Help?

  • We can represent you in your child custody case to ensure that your child’s primary residence and custodianship provide the safest and healthiest environment.
  • We will aggressively defend your right to remain an involved part of your child’s life by ensuring that your visitation rights are respected.
  • In case of a relocation by the custodial parent, educational endangerment, or emotional or physical abuse, we can revisit child custody and open a case for modification. We are here to help you protect your child.
  • We can also assist you with establishing legal paternity rights. It is important to know that the “Tender Years Doctrine” was abolished in 1995. As a father, you have the same rights to your child’s custody as a mother. The court has no right to a bias against you.

When it comes to the best interests of your children, it is never too soon to get a lawyer involved with your case. The sooner you have the professional advice and representation of an experienced family law and divorce attorney, the less traumatic and damaging the divorce process will be for those most precious to you. Contact us today by filling out the form below, and we will schedule you for a consultation.


Fill out the form below or call (864) 942-0518 to request legal advice and assistance. All communication is confidential.